There Is Power in the Name

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

This week's post comes from Dawn at The Most Perfect Gift


Shortly after the New Year began I made a promise to myself. The promise was to intentionally recognize when I begin to feel overwhelmed and to “nip it in the bud”.

I know all too well how the busyness of my daily life can consume me. Before I know it I am being swallowed up into the belly of the beast. I don’t even recognize myself anymore just trying to stay afloat, one busy day running into the next with no time to breathe or rest. I get frustrated, easily annoyed and lack any kind of patience trying to balance work, taking care of the kids, paying the bills, grocery shopping, cooking dinner, cleaning the house, laundry, church, the list becomes endless. Then finally I get enough sense to realize this isn’t right!?! Where is the joy, the peace, the fun?

I know we have all been there. Yet, we think we get a plan in place and things run smoothly for a while, but then life happens. Before we know it, we are caught up in the vicious turmoil once again rolling and rolling more unbalanced and out of control. Just maybe we can grab onto something that may help us stop, hopefully not hurting ourselves or knocking down the ones we love along the way.


So, I began to think, I need a plan. Perhaps a word or a phrase to calm me when life gets overwhelming, but it must be something powerful.


I don’t know about you, the most powerful word I know is in fact, a name. JESUS!


The song “Jesus, Lover of My Soul” by Lindell Cooley comes to mind.


You don't have to know how to pray

All you have to know how to say is Jesus, Jesus


In a shouted voice or a whispered tone

In a crowded room or when you're all alone

Just say Jesus, Jesus


Jesus, how I love the name of Jesus

Every day is the same

Jesus, He's the lover of my soul


Jesus, there's power in the name of Jesus

My life is forever changed because of Jesus,

He's my Savior and my Lord


You can listen to the song on YouTube, Jesus Lover of My Soul.


Call on the name of the Lord! Give Him Praise! Hallelujah! Immediately, joy and peace will enter your soul. You will be filled and refreshed. There is power in the name of Jesus! Are you feeling depressed, lonely, overwhelmed, stressed, hurt? Call on Him today to fill you up and refresh your spirit!


Believe me, it does work! When I begin to feel a little bit overwhelmed I start praising Him. Have you ever just yelled out “Hallelujah” as loud as you can?!!? The stress and worry leaves, bad moods are turned around. You will walk around smiling because you won’t be able to contain the joy, the song that sings within. Isn’t this how we were meant to live? Praising God and being joyful in good times and in bad. All because of the power in the name of Jesus!


Thank you, Jesus. Hallelujah! We praise you Lord for your faithfulness and unfailing love. Thank you for keeping your promise to never leave us nor forsake us. We will praise you and shout out your name. JESUS!
In your wonderful holy name,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I have been browsing on-line greater than three hours today, but I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It's beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the net will probably be much more useful than ever before.
    Red Line Professional 11-Foot Drywall Lift Panel Hoist Jack

    ReplyDelete