Nothing......But The Blood

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This week's post comes from STARLA ESPINOZA at Keepin It Real 


 The human body has about 5 liters of blood continually traveling through it.  Our blood is composed of plasma, blood cells, and platelets and our blood is one thing that cannot be manufactured.  More than 38,000 donations are needed every day but less than 38% of the U.S. population is eligible to give blood. 

 I used to donate blood several times a year.  When I was diagnosed with MS in 2007, I was no longer qualified to donate blood.  I found this out on a day when I was actually planning to donate blood.  I was answering all the screening questions and when they asked if I was taking medication I told them about the meds I was taking for MS.  That put the brakes on my ability to donate blood that day and any other day in the future.  I never thought about it but it makes perfect sense now.  They must do their best to make sure that people receive safe blood.  Blood obviously plays a vital role in our lives.  Without blood, we would not have life.

But there is life giving blood that is always qualified to for us to receive. That's the blood of Jesus.  His blood is more powerful than mine and yours.

22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Hebrews 9:22

Jesus shed His blood to atone for our sins.  His blood is the only acceptable payment for our sins.  He was wounded for our transgressions and by His stripes, I am healed.  That's what I like to say when I think about having Multiple Sclerosis.  By His stripes, I am healed.  If he had not shed His blood, I don't know where I would be.  I was purchased with His blood.

Who can wash away my sins?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Who can make me whole again?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

No matter how successful we consider ourselves to be in this world, our success cannot save us from hell. Without the blood of Jesus, it is all futile.

Our blood must rely on other systems & organs to be effective but the blood of Jesus cleanses, heals and purifies.  Our blood can become infected with bacteria and other organisms.  His blood cannot be infected with sins.  Our blood can become tainted by viruses.  His blood cannot become tainted with evil.

There is power in His blood.

How important do you consider the blood of Jesus to be?  

"Lord, I lift up the person reading this.  I pray for the power of Jesus' blood over their health, finances, and family.  I pray that they have accepted the gift and understand the power of His blood.  In Jesus name, Amen."

And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.  Luke 22:20



No comments:

Post a Comment